We have a challenge for you.
Tuesday, December 3rd is #GivingTuesday, a day to give back to charity after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. This year, Microsoft is matching donations up to $1000 at 100%. They have $250K to give away in matching funds! Matching starts at exactly 12pmEST, and we need your help to invite people to take a stand against girls living and working on the street.
Here’s the deal: What would happen if you and 5 friends changed your profile pictures to something like this:Except it’s you holding the sign. What if you invited 20 friends to pledge to donate to More Than Me so that girls in West Point won’t have to sell their bodies for clean water anymore?
What if taking action was as easy as snapping a selfie? Here’s what you can do:
- Download and print this sign (or make your own):
- Take a photo of yourself holding the sign in your neighborhood, outside your school, or at your local shopping center.
- Change your profile picture to this new photo!
- Caption the photo with this: “For the holidays, I’m taking a stand against girls living on the street! Join me: https://www.facebook.com/events/547026155384944/“
- Invite your friends to the facebook event.
- On December 3rd, at 12pm EST, 9am PST – Donate! (We’ll send you the link through Facebook) Or spread the word!
- And remember, it’s not about you.